Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Seattle Great Wheel for fresh articles!
On Alaskan Way
Hours & Directions
Take a ride on the iconic Seattle Great Wheel on Pier 57 and see the city of Seattle like never before. Each gondola can fit 8 people and provide an amazing ride that lights up the sky at night.
Hours of Operation
Tickets for children 0-3 and seniors (65+) only available at ticket booth. Not available online.
Youth (4-11)$9 Buy Tickets
Adults (12+)$13 Buy Tickets
Seniors (65+)*$11 Buy at Booth
Great Wheel VIP$50 Buy Tickets
- 1. The VIP gondola is our special luxury gondola with four leather bucket seats, a stereo system, and a glass floor. We do not take reservations for the VIP gondola.
- 2. The VIP gondola is available on a first-come, first-served basis, and tickets can be purchased online or at the ticket booth on the pier.
- 3. Tickets are $50 per person and each ticket also includes a champagne toast at Fisherman's Restaurant, a special VIP t-shirt , photo booth photos, and you will be personally escorted to the front of the line to board the wheel ASAP!
- 4. The VIP is guaranteed to be private for your personal group of up to 4 people; we cannot guarantee a private cabin in the regular cabin.
- 5. If you purchase your VIP tickets online, please be sure to follow the VIP ticket holder instructions printed on your tickets and check in FIRST at the Ticket Booth Will Call window so we can provide the front of the line service that comes with your ticket.
The Great Wheel Adventure
A Storybook of Adventure at the Great Wheel
The wondrous adventure of Gabe and Betty, two siblings who find themselves on a fun exploration of Seattle's most exciting spots. Beginning at The Seattle Great Wheel, the kids journey to the Aquarium, Elliot Bay, Seahawks' stadium, Mt. Rainer, Mariner's ballpark, the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, and much much more. This 36 page storybook is full of uplifting, colorful illustrations.
Authored by local entrepreneur Kyle Griffith and Illustrated by Ryan Hobson, this limited publication is a joyful read for all ages!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hours of operation?
Our hours change based on the season. The current operating hours are: Monday-Thursday: 10 AM-11 PM Friday: 11 AM-12 AM / Midnight Saturday: 10 AM-12 AM / Midnight Sunday: 10 AM-10 PM Summer operating hours July through Mid-September are: Sunday-Thursday 10 AM-11 PM Friday & Saturday 10 AM-12 AM/Midnight
Where can I buy tickets?
You can purchase them at our ticket booth on the pier or right here on our website! Just click on the Buy Tickets button below the type of ticket you wish to purchase. If you don’t want to wait in the ticket booth line, make sure to print out your tickets at home and have them in hand when you arrive on the pier. If you only have a confirmation code, you will have to wait in the ticket booth line to have your tickets printed. Tickets are general admission valid for any date or time that the wheel is open (excluding the by reservation only New Year's Eve Midnight Ride) and do not expire until used.
How long is the ride?
Ride time varies based on how large the crowd is and how many gondolas we are loading for each ride. During Summer operations with larger crowds, we typically have ride times between 12-20 minutes. During Winter operations with smaller crowds, we typically have ride times between 10-15 minutes. But as always, every ride is three full revolutions of the wheel.
Can pregnant women ride? What about babies?
The Seattle Great Wheel offers a slow, smooth ride that is appropriate for people of all ages and conditions, including pregnant women and babies. Children age 3 and under ride for free, but they still require a ticket. This ticket can be obtained at the will call window of the ticket booth without waiting in line.
Do you offer special rates for groups?
We do not offer a group rate.
Is the Seattle Great Wheel wheelchair accessible?
Yes! We have a lift and ramp that allow wheelchairs to roll directly into the gondolas. Please note that the door width is 30" ***Notice: As of 9/15/16 our wheelchair lift is broken and awaiting repair. We are currently unable to load wheel chairs into the cabins. Please call ahead if you need wheelchair assistance to discuss accessability options with us. thank you and we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience! 206-623-8607 #0